Tuesday, November 13, 2007

SUPERPUS!

My friend and I competed in a Pumpkin Festival 10K in Maine recently. The race people said costumes were encouraged, but I doubt any mere mortal could have been prepared for this:


I cannot take credit for the genius that is the Superpus costume, because my friend Richey made it. Truly, wearing it made me feel like running six miles was nothing. The cape especially helped. Oh, and on a side note, I ran in nylons, which is actually amazing--they keep you warm but not too warm like pants. I recommend the "sun tan" color.

I was so excited about my costume I tried to return to the ocean post-race. However, as soon as a wave hit me, I realized I was still human, which elicited this reaction:

2 comments:

ChaCha said...

you are amazing. you are superpuss!

Betsy said...

Looks great on you!